In the past three months, campaign rhetoric against immigrants, Muslims, Latinos, and others has been backed by some of the most heartless government policies in memory.
No one who shares our belief in the inherent dignity of every member of the human family can stand quiet in the face of such hate and intolerance.
But our values call on us to do far more than give voice to them — they demand that we also put them into action.
We’ll put your gift to work immediately wherever marginalized communities are under threat:
- along our southern border, where you’ll help single mothers who fled violence in Central America fight the new administration’s ruthless refugee policy and denial of due process;
- in Burma, where you’ll defend the civil and human rights of the Muslim Rohingya, who are experiencing extreme violence at the hand of the Burmese military;
- in Africa, where you’ll build welcoming faith communities to counter the anti-gay campaign exported by right-wing extremist religious groups in the United States that targets the LGBTI community;
- in the Philippines, where you’ll help people still recovering from Typhoon Yolanda’s devastation confront a far different humanitarian crisis — the authoritarian president’s brutal “war on drugs,” which has already killed more people than the typhoon;
- in Haiti, where you’ll make sure children forcibly deported from the Dominican Republic because of their Haitian ancestry are not abandoned, and;
- wherever forgotten and vulnerable groups are threatened by war, humanitarian crises, and oppression.
Thank you for putting your values into action for a better world.
Hon. Thomas H. Andrews.
President and CEO